LUT University is a Finnish public research university combining the fields of technology, business, and social sciences. The research at LUT focuses on renewable technology, clean water, energy, climate change, and sustainable engineering solutions. The participating Laboratory of Thermal Engineering has been contributing to innovative calcium looping projects since 2009.
Within CaLby2030, LUT University is:
- leading the WP dedicated to “CFB-CaL modelling, process simulation and cluster integration”
- responsible of the development and application of 1D and 3D CaL reactor models for pilot scale and demonstration scale units, and
- supporting the design of demonstration projects by model-based investigations.
The most relevant CCUS projects where LUT University is and has been involved in, are:
- HERCCULES – Horizon Europe project aiming at developing an integrated and replicable approach for the implementation of the whole CCUS chain in two strategic sectors of the circular economy: cement and energy from waste – www.herccules.eu
- CLEANKER – Horizon2020 project working towards the advancement of the integrated Calcium-looping process for CO2 capture in cement plants. http://www.cleanker.eu/
- CaOling – EU FP7 project focusing on experimental pilot testing and scaling up the CaL process for CCUS from power plants. https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/241302
Contact person: Jouni Ritvanen – mail: [email protected]
Internet site: https://www.lut.fi/en