UBB– Universitatea Babes-Bolyai is an academic educational public institution aiming to promote and sustain the development of specific cultural components within the local, regional, national and international community. UBB is ranked as first university of Romania taking into account the fundamental and applicative research activity. On international level, UBB is one of the most representative universities from Central and Eastern Europe.
Within CaLby2030, UBB is:
- leading the WP dedicated to “Environmental impacts and social perception of a CCUS demonstration project”
- responsible of the Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) for evaluated technologies within the project; and
- supporting the coordinator in general project-related management activities.
The most relevant CCUS projects where UBB is and has been involved in, are:
- STEPWISE: “SEWGS - Technology platform for cost effective CO2 reduction in the iron & steel industry”, Horizon 2020 / LCE-2014-1 aimed to decarbonize iron and steel production using SEWGS technology – https://www.stepwise.eu/project/
- CONVERGE: “CarbON Valorisation in Energy-efficient Green fuels”, Horizon 2020 / LC-SC3-RES-21-2018 targeted the production of green biodiesel – https://www.converge-h2020.eu/
Internet site: https://www.ubbcluj.ro/en